What is a Toothache? |Toothache Teeth Treatment in Ahmedabad
Toothache is the pain around the teeth and the gums. The tooth pain can be mild or severe in intensity. There are several causes of tooth pain, and the treatment depends on the cause of it. At Oris Smiles Dental clinic, our team of experts will examine your tooth clinically and radiographically to make a customized treatment plan. In the information provided below, we will briefly discuss the causes, symptoms, and treatment modalities available for tooth pain- at Oris Smiles Dental Clinic.
Causes of Teeth pain |Toothache Teeth Treatment in Ahmedabad
- Tooth decay
- Tooth fracture
- Broken restoration
- Gum problems
- Infection around the apex of the tooth
- Erupting or partially erupted wisdom teeth
- Wearing of the teeth due to teeth grinding or bruxism
- Abscess or pus formation due to infected pulp
Symptoms of Toothache| |Toothache Teeth Treatment in Ahmedabad
- Pain may be throbbing or dull
- It may be constant or spontaneous
- The gums near the tooth may be swollen
- There can be fever associated with tooth pain, sometimes
- If there is pus formation, you may feel that the tooth is extruded out from the socket
- There may be associated foul smell and bad taste in the mouth if there is pus formation around the tooth
Are any home remedies available?
- Doing warm saline rinses might help to a certain extent as it helps relieve the inflammation.
- Cold compression can alleviate the symptoms by reducing the blood flow to that area.
- Clove oil can be beneficial for a short period due to its antiseptic action.
- Over-the-counter medications can help relieve the pain for a short duration till you get yourself checked by the dentist.
Treatment options for tooth pain?
- The treatment options for tooth pain depend mainly on its cause. If the cause of tooth pain is due to the gums or soft tissues around the tooth, the treatment involves cleaning that area to reduce the swelling and inflammation in the soft tissues.
- If the pain is due to the involvement of a wisdom tooth, then the tooth is extracted if it is inevitable that it will not be able to erupt completely.
- If the tooth pain is due to decay involving the nerves in the involved tooth, then the treatment choice is root canal treatment or RCT
- The root canal treatment is followed by a restoration which is either a tooth-colored material or a dental cap depending upon the tooth structure lost.
- If the involved tooth is severely damaged, the treatment choice is extraction. Antibiotic prophylaxis might be required if there are chances of spreading infection.
- The extraction can be surgical or nonsurgical, depending on the site and severity of the case.
How to prevent tooth pain?| |Toothache Teeth Treatment in Ahmedabad
- Regular brushing with the correct technique using fluoridated toothpaste is the gold standard to prevent tooth decay. More than the frequency and the duration of brushing, it is critical to focus on the correct technique
- Incorporate the habit of dental flossing and using medicated mouthwash as an adjunct to toothbrushing
- Regular dental checkups are essential to detect any early signs of tooth decay or any other dental problem that may lead to teeth pain
- Periodic scaling or teeth cleaning will help eliminate the risk of gum diseases by preventing plaque accumulation