Know more about All on 4 Dental Implants
As the name indicates, the all on 4 implant system requires only four implants to replace multiple teeth in the mouth. Traditionally, we required at least 6 to 8 individual implants for full mouth rehabilitation. The all-on-4 implants can work in the low bone density regions, making them a favorable choice for full-mouth rehabilitation cases.
Our expert Implant specialists at Oris Smiles Dental Clinic Ahmedabad are trained to handle various FMR cases. In the information provided below, we will highlight the advantages, benefits, and procedures of All on 4 Implants- brought to you by Oris Smiles Dental Clinic Ahmedabad
Advantages of All on 4 Implants
- Only 4 Implants are required to restore the complete mouth in FMR
- Avoid the areas of less bone density
- Quicker healing process compared with traditional implants
- Less invasive and requires fewer visits
- Much more comfortable
- It can be used in individuals with bone diseases like brittle bones and osteoporosis.
- It eliminates the need for bone augmentation procedures like bone grafting
- It is an innovative implant system that helps restore the facial structure after a tooth loss.
- Due to its superior strength and durability, it enhances chewing ability and restores the bite force.
- The whole process is completed very quickly, unlike traditional implants, which may take upto six months to complete
Benefits of All on 4 Implants over Dentures
- The quality of life is improved by enhancing the chewing ability as you can enjoy your favorite food.
- With traditional dentures, there are moments when the dentures feel like falling out or slipping during eating or speaking. With all on 4 implants, you don’t have to encounter such embarrassing incidents.
- The bite force is restored with implants, and your chewing capacity is enhanced.
- The implants also help reduce bone loss and prevent facial sagging restoring youthfulness.
The Procedure of All on 4 Implants
Consultation and Dental Examination
The first step is the consultation with our Implant experts at Oris Smiles Dental Clinic Ahmedabad. During this visit, you can clear all your doubts and discuss all your queries regarding all on 4 implant process. Our doctors will explain all the steps before starting the treatment.
Preparation for the procedure
The preparatory stage begins after the treatment plan is discussed with you. In this stage, various impressions are recorded, and bite registrations are made to analyze your mouth and proceed accordingly. The bite registration is an important parameter that helps adjust the teeth’ height for the proper bite.
The distance between the jaws is calculated to measure how many implants and what size are needed to support the prosthetic arrangement for optimum function.
All on 4 Implant placement
The angulation of the implants is predecided based on the requirements and the presence of vital structures. The exact points are marked before drilling holes for implant placement. The entire process is painless and done under the local anesthesia.
Final Prosthesis and Recovery
Once the healing has started, it is confirmed with a radiograph before planning the prosthesis. The implants’ loading is deferred until we achieve sufficient bone growth around the implants to sustain the load. The aftercare regime, as instructed by our team, plays a vital role in determining the success of implants.