What is Oral Malodour? – Bad Breath Treatment in Ahmedabad
Oral malodour or bad breath is termed halitosis in the medical field. Almost everyone experiences bad breath at some point in time. There are several causes of halitosis, and the most common one is poor oral hygiene. The chronic bad breath that does not resolve with correction of oral hygiene indicates some underlying problem. Bad breath is a common condition and affects 20 to 25 percent of the global population.
The treatment for bad breath at Oris Smiles Dental Clinic is designed after carefully examining the root cause of the problem. The information below will briefly discuss the various causes, treatments, and ways to prevent oral malodour- brought to you by Oris Smiles Dental Clinic.
Causes of oral malodour – Bad Breath Treatment in Ahmedabad
The most common cause of gum problems is poor oral hygiene. If the teeth are not cleaned adequately, the plaque starts accumulating, which irritates the gum, leading to gum problems. The most common symptom of advanced gum problems is bad breath.
The saliva is a natural cleanser of your teeth and prevents plaque accumulation. A dry mouth condition leads to insufficient saliva production, increasing the risk of plaque accumulation and caries.
Gastroesophageal reflux disorder, or GERD, is a medical condition in which partially digested food is thrown back into your food pipe from the stomach. This leads to sour-smelling bad breath and requires medical attention.
Diabetic ketoacidosis is a condition in which it is challenging to control blood sugar levels. The high sugar levels make the gums more prone to disease and impair the healing process.
Head and neck cancer
Oropharyngeal cancer has the symptoms of difficulty swallowing and the presence of a lump in the neck region accompanied by nonhealing ulcers that lead to bad breath.
Certain medications like antihistamines lead to dry mouth and bad breath.
The tonsil stones are calcified food deposits lodged in the crevices or the tonsil folds. It is essential to seek medical help as it can lead to an infection that can spread.
Liver and kidney problems
The liver and kidneys are two vital organs responsible for cleaning and clearing out waste products from the body. When they are not functioning correctly, the toxins are not appropriately cleared, which leads to various complications, including bad breath.
Bad Breath Treatment
- The treatment of bad breath is dependent on the cause of it. If the reason is poor oral hygiene and gum problems, professional cleaning is the best option for treating oral malodour.
- If the cause of bad breath is any specific medical condition mentioned above, the treatment is specifically targeted toward them. Therefore careful examination and formulation of accurate diagnosis are essential for providing the proper treatment.
How to prevent oral malodour? – Bad Breath Treatment in Ahmedabad
- Regular cleaning of your teeth
- Periodic visits to the dentist
- Using the proper technique of toothbrushing
- Cleaning your tongue with a tongue cleaner
- Incorporate the habit of dental flossing
- Use medicated mouthwash if directed by your dentist
- Maintain your general health in good condition