Why do you need Braces Treatment: Dental Braces in Ahmedabad
Braces treatment is the traditional form of treating misaligned teeth using brackets and metal wires to move your teeth into their desired location. Crooked teeth are a major aesthetic concern and a significant risk to dental health. The misaligned teeth are not easy to clean, and maintaining optimum oral health becomes a task for you. Dental braces in Ahmedabad solve this problem by straightening the teeth.
Our chief dentist, Dr. Janu Shah, at Oris Smiles, with our team of braces specialists, is there to provide you with the best possible treatment plan for all misalignments. Dental braces in Ahmedabad are mostly a nonsurgical treatment modality. However, it can include the extraction of a few teeth to make space for the movement of the crooked teeth into the desired position.
When is Braces treatment required: Dental Braces in Ahmedabad
- Crooked teeth
- Excessive overlap horizontally
- Excessive overlap vertically
- The extra spacing between the teeth
Types of Braces: Dental Braces in Ahmedabad
- Metal braces
- Ceramic braces
- Lingual braces
Braces Treatment Procedure: Dental Braces in Ahmedabad
- The first step is the consultation with our chief dentist Dr. Janu Shah, at Oris Smiles, where she will explain the treatment. You can ask your questions and share your expectations at this stage.
- The next step is the detailed clinical examination in which the current dental status of your teeth, supporting tissues, and joints are evaluated by our experts.
- Once the clinical examination is done and your type of misalignment is diagnosed, then a customized treatment plan will be formulated as per the dental requirement.
- You will be analyzed radiologically also to evaluate the status of the bone.
- The next step is record taking, in which photographs from various angles will be taken. The impression making of your current status is also done to compare the results and formulate a suitable treatment plan
- Once the treatment plan is ready, you will be informed about the time duration and the budget you need for dental braces in Ahmedabad
How do Braces work: Dental Braces in Ahmedabad
- The mechanism of action for dental braces is fairly simple. The braces are applied onto the tooth, and the wires mesh pass through it. The wires network takes support from the bulky teeth and helps in achieving the movement of the crooked teeth.
- The force applied to the tooth for movement depends on various factors, leading to changes in the supporting and hard bony tissues.
- Once we start witnessing bony changes, it is the point where the teeth start moving in the desired direction.
- The new bone starts forming after the teeth settle down in the new position, and no more movement is required.
- Retainer therapy is advised for maintaining the teeth in this new favorable position for a longer time and enhancing the prognosis of the treatment.
Dental care during braces treatment: Dental Braces in Ahmedabad
- Dental care by maintaining proper oral hygiene becomes essential during the braces treatment. The supporting tissues play an important role in the movement of the teeth. If there is a plaque build-up to inadequate oral hygiene practices, it leads to gum problems that can damage the supporting structure of the teeth.
- Regular brushing may not be enough, and periodic follow-ups at the dentist for professional cleaning are advised.
- Using an interdental brush and dental floss is also suggested
- It is a bit difficult to use floss with undergoing braces treatment, learn about the proper way from our experts at Oris Smiles.
Points to ponder before planning Dental Braces in Ahmedabad
- Dental braces are a fixed form of an appliance that is given to move your teeth. It is important to consult your doctor before stopping the treatment.
- The treatment might take a year or more, depending on the severity of the case.
- Since the brackets are fixed, there is a list of food items you need to avoid to prevent the breakage of the brackets.
- Maintaining proper oral hygiene is your responsibility, and regular follow-ups with us are crucial to maintaining dental hygiene.
- Retainer therapy after completing the braces treatment is a must to enhance the prognosis of the treatment.
Is the treatment painful: Dental Braces in Ahmedabad
No, it is an entirely painless procedure. Although mild discomfort is expected in the initial days of the treatment when the teeth start moving in the jawbone. The minimum discomfort can be managed effectively in the various ways suggested by our braces experts at Oris smile.