Why is Kids Dental Treatment Important? Kids Dental Treatment in Ahmedabad
We all know that milk teeth are temporary, but they play a significant role in the eruption of permanent teeth. They hold the space for their successors and promote the habit of chewing in children. Milk teeth play a vital role in developing the jawbone and other oral structures.
Often, we tend to ignore the problems with the milk teeth as they will fall out.
Kids dental treatment in Ahmedabad becomes vital in guiding the parents about the importance of milk teeth, correct brushing techniques, and how to take care of the kid’s teeth at home.
Like any other child’s needs, dental needs are also different from an adult’s. Kid’s teeth require special attention and care from the day they start erupting at around six months. At Oris Smiles Dental clinic, we have a team of kid specialists who is experts in handling all kinds of situations and dental issues related to the kids dental treatment.
What conditions are taken care of in Kids Dental Treatment
Infant dental care
Preventive kids dental treatment in Ahmedabad plays a crucial role in preventing the spread of infant dental problems like nursing bottle caries and rampant caries.
The time of teeth eruption is an essential milestone in the development of jawbones and is also related to other landmarks. If there is any delay in the eruption of teeth for more than six months, it is mandatory to visit your doctor.
Apart from aesthetic issues, misaligned teeth can lead to compromised teeth function and improper cleaning of the teeth. The earlier the diagnosis of any malocclusion easier it is to treat it successfully.
The most common problem with kids’ teeth is dental cavities. Treating the cavities in time can prevent premature loss of the milk teeth.
Early loss of teeth
If there is early loss of milk teeth and the permanent tooth is not mature enough to erupt, then the space created by the loss of milk teeth should be maintained to avoid crowding in the permanent dentition.
Fluoride application helps prevent cavities by making the teeth more robust and resistant to the action of bacterial acid.
Use of dental sealants
In some regions of the tooth, like deep pits and fissures where brushing will not help clean the teeth effectively, dental sealant application will protect the tooth by forming a barrier to the bacterial invasion.
How to take care of kid’s teeth at home
- For infants, clean the gum pads using gauze
- Use fluoridated toothpaste for adequate protection.
- Ask the kids to brush twice daily under the supervision
- Rinse their mouth after every meal
- Visit your dentist every six months for dental checkups
Who is more susceptible to dental cavities
- Kids with compromised oral hygiene
- Genetic predisposition, in some instances, plays a role
- Kids with a high intake of sugary drinks and food items
- Kids with ongoing braces treatment
Symptoms of dental cavities in children
- The initial lesion starts as a chalky white patch
- As the disease progresses, it will turn to light brown and then dark brown
- Pain in the teeth or gums
- Sometimes swelling in the gums is seen
Most of the initial signs go unnoticed if the parents miss the regular dental checkups. This is the reason why kids dental treatment in Ahmedabad has become crucial.
Types of kid’s dental treatment available
- Dental fillings- composite fillings, GIC fillings, and other unique materials for restoring kids’ teeth are available for eliminating dental cavities and restoring the proper form of the teeth.
- Pulp therapies- when restoring the teeth is not possible due to the progression of the disease, then pulp therapies are indicated.
- Teeth extraction- is kept as a last resort for the teeth that can’t be saved.
- Space maintainers- in case of early loss of milk teeth, space maintainer therapy is given to prevent crowding in the permanent teeth.
Teething troubles: signs and symptoms of teething
- Pain in the gums
- Swollen gums
- Changes in the eating and sleeping pattern
- Fussy child
- Crying forcefully
- Slightly high body temperature
- Drooling of the saliva
- Keeping his hands on the cheeks
Kids Dental Diet
Food to eat
- Raw fruits and vegetables
- Protein-rich diet
- Diet rich in calcium
- Green leafy vegetables
- High intake of water
Foods to avoid
- High sugar intake
- Starchy food items
- Sticky candies and chocolates
- Carbonated drinks