What is Tooth Bonding Treatment? | Tooth Bonding Treatment Ahmedabad
Tooth bonding Treatment or Dental bonding is a cosmetic dental procedure to enhance an individual’s smile. It is the most common aesthetic dental procedure done by our team of cosmetic dentists at Oris Smiles Dental Clinic under the expert guidance of Dr. Janu Shah. Our cosmetic dentists will apply a tooth-colored composite material during the procedure to change the affected tooth’s shape, size, and form.
Tooth bonding Treatment is a reversible procedure to repair cracks or chips and close minor gaps between the teeth. Like any other treatment performed at Oris Smiles Dental Clinic, our chief dentist, Dr. Janu Shah, ensures that the complete procedure is done with proper sterilization keeping in mind your safety.
Why is Tooth Bonding Treatment suggested? | Tooth Bonding Treatment Ahmedabad
- Repair chipped-off or cracked tooth
- Close minor gaps between the teeth
- Hide the intrinsic tooth discoloration stains that are not managed with Teeth whitening
- Alter the shape, size, and form of the tooth
The same tooth-colored resin material is used in restorative dentistry for:
- Filling the tooth cavities
- Replacing old amalgam restorations
- Provide protection to the roots in case of gums recession
Tooth Bonding versus Porcelain Veneers | Tooth Bonding Treatment Ahmedabad
- Porcelain veneers are fabricated in the lab and adhered to the tooth.
- Tooth bonding treatment is a reversible process, unlike veneers
- The tooth is altered to an extent to receive the porcelain veneer
- There are two sittings required for veneers, whereas the tooth bonding is completed in a single sitting
- Porcelain veneers are not repairable. They need to be replaced in case of any damage is done. Tooth bonding needs some touch-up after a couple of years as with regular use, it tends to lose its shine and show some signs of wear
Procedure for Tooth Bonding Treatment: | Tooth Bonding Treatment Ahmedabad
- The first step is the consultation with our chief dentist Dr. Janu Shah at Oris Smiles Dental Clinic, where she will clinically evaluate your case and formulate a customized treatment plan. This step is extremely important as it builds rapport, and you can discuss all your queries with our team.
- The next step is the selection of shade based on your preference and desired outcome. Now the tooth is prepared by roughening the surface to bond the composite well.
- After shaping and molding the material, a special blue light is used to set the material.
- After completion of the setting process, the restoration is finished and polished.
- Attending your follow-up visits is essential to increase the treatment’s longevity.
Is it a painful process?
No, it is an entirely painless procedure that does not even require local anesthesia. Generally speaking, it is the safest of all dental procedures as it is not close to the nerves and blood vessels of the teeth.
Any special care for Tooth Bonding Treatment
There is no special care required for tooth bonding. The aftercare regime for tooth bonding is similar to that of the natural tooth. The best dental healthcare practices are :
- Brushing twice a day
- Regular flossing
- Using an interdental brush if required
- Avoid using mouthwash unless advised by your doctor
- Regular follow-ups are essential to track the prognosis
How long do they last?
The tooth bonding material is tough and resistant to wear. However, it is important to know that it is not indestructible. Avoid parafunctional habits like nail biting, chewing on pens or pencils, teeth grinding, or bruxism. If taken care of properly, the bonding material can last up to a decade. It is important to note here that the tooth bonding might need some touch-ups during its lifetime.
Recovery time after Tooth bonding treatment | Tooth Bonding Treatment Ahmedabad
There is technically zero recovery time, and you may resume your daily activities from day one. You do not have any restrictions following the procedure except following the aftercare regime as instructed by our team.
Is it safe for my Teeth?| Tooth Bonding Treatment Ahmedabad
Yes, the procedure is completely safe. The process is so safe and comfortable that it does not require local anesthesia. It can be performed for anyone at any age. For detailed planning, it is advised to get your complete clinical evaluation done. It is a non-surgical procedure and is entirely safe for everyone, irrespective of age and gender.